- 6 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- whole wheat pancakes or waffles
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 cup buttermilk**
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup pancake mix
1. Whisk the egg, buttermilk and oil in a large bowl.
2. Whisk in the pancake mix until just combined.
3. Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
4. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Flip the pancakes and cook for one minute longer and serve.
*Mixture can also be used in a waffle iron following manufacturer’s directions.
*If you do not have buttermilk you can make it by adding 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. This mix also works beautifully with any type of milk you prefer!
Photo by Catherine McCord, Weelicious.com