Re: How do I find the time to pump exclusively?
For exclusive pumpers, organization is key. Here are a few tips:
• Buy extra collection kits (the flanges, valves, etc., that attach to your pump), and wash them all at once (instead of washing them multiple times a day).
• Invest in a hands-free pumping bra or top. This way, you can use your hands to do other things (like baby wrangle) while you pump.
• Pump just after baby takes a bottle, while he's content to hang out in a swing or bouncy seat.
• When dad is around, pump while he feeds baby a bottle.
• Set a schedule. Once pumping is routine, it probably won’t seem like such a big deal.
• Always double pump. You'll get more milk in less time when you're taking advantage of both breasts.
• Remember what a rockstar you are. Breast milk provides baby with tons of health benefits that formula simply can't offer.