Baked pears make great finger food for babies and are wonderful for babies who are being weaned using the Baby Led Weaning method.
- 6 ripe pears (Bartlett or Anjou)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and halve and then core the pears.
2. Place the pears in a shallow baking dish, flesh side up, with about 1 inch of water.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
4. Allow pears to cool then mash or puree if needed, using the leftover baking water to thin if necessary.
Freezes with mixed results. You can freeze the baked pear halves without mashing or pureeing if you prefer.
Quick Tip: For older babies and kids of all ages, serve warm baked pears with a scoop of frozen or regular yogurt. Mash together if needed. Baked pears mix nicely into oatmeal cereal, yogurt or even chicken.
*Excerpted from The Wholesome Baby Food Guide and WholesomeBabyFoodGuide.com
Photo by Maggie Meade, Wholesome Baby Food and WholesomeBabyFood.com