2 1/2 cups of self-rising flour
2 organic eggs
1 1/3 cups of organic whole milk
1 1/3 cups of organic, whole milk vanilla yogurt
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 cup of fresh, organic blueberries
2-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil for cooking (preferably organic)
1. Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon. (The batter should be a little lumpy.)
2. Coat the bottom of a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat over medium-high.
3. Once the skillet is hot, reduce heat to medium-low and add the batter in 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup dollops, depending on how big you want the pancakes.
4. Let cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Remove from skillet and finish cooking the pancakes in batches. Add more vegetable oil to the skillet while cooking if needed.
6. Serve with the blueberries. Cut blueberries in half before serving to baby.
Quick tip! Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator and 1 month in the freezer. You can reheat the pancakes in your toaster or put them into your steamer basket over boiling water for about a minute.
Excerpted from Sage Spoonfuls--Simple Recipes, Healthy Meals, Happy Babies.