(Serves 6 to 8)
What You'll Need:
6 cups (1.4 liters) bite-size broccoli florets
8 large eggs
1/4 cup (59 ml) milk
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) freshly ground pepper
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch (6 mm) thick slices
1 cup (4 ounces or 113 grams) grated white cheddar or fontina cheese, divided
4 tablespoons (60 ml) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 teaspoons (10 ml) olive oil
How You'll Make It:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the broccoli and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in the broccoli, red pepper, 3/4 -cup (36 ounces) of the cheddar, and 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of the Parmesan cheese.
3. Heat the oil in a 12-inch (305 mm) ovenproof nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes to set the bottom of the frittata. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 -cup of the Cheddar (12 ounces) and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Parmesan cheese.
4. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the frittata is set in the center and slightly puffed up, about 15 minutes.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then loosen the edge with a spatula and slide onto a large plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.