Are You Ready for the Twilight Birth Scene? Photo: OfficialTwilightFilm / YouTube
Twi-Hards (even you closeted ones!) are counting down the days until The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 comes out in theaters. This Friday, we’ll be able to see Edward and Bella get married, have sex and have a half-vampire, half-human baby. I’m not ashamed to admit I’ll be catching it opening weekend -- I may not be the ultimate super-fan but I devoured the books (they were like crack, I needed my fix!) and Robert Pattinson’s not that bad to look at, either. And while fans will be getting their fill of romance, we’re anxious to see how Bella’s pregnancy and childbirth plays out. Spoiler alert!: From the book we’ve learned that expecting a half-vamp baby isn’t exactly a walk in the park -- the kid is so powerful she breaks Bella’s bones, leaving her really weak. And let’s not forget about Bella’s pregnancy cravings -- she drinks bags and bags of blood! Now that’s not exactly pickles and ice cream.
No doubt the birth scene is going to be gory -- both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart said it was intense and almost bordering on an R-rating. Of course, there's already some blood involved in childbirth (sorry, moms-to-be). But labor and delivery vampire style? Well we’re sure it’s going to be on a whole other level! In the book, the c-section involves vampire teeth, a broken spine, an almost-dead Bella and a deluge of blood. Let’s hope the flick doesn’t turn into a horror film -- especially for those of us who are easily squeamish. We’ll just have to watch the movie to see how it all turns out.
Until then, in honor of the newest vampire parents, we’ve rounded up the top 5 things we can learn about pregnancy from Bella and Edward:
1. Trust your mom instincts: At first Edward wants to get rid of the baby because he’s afraid she’ll kill Bella. Bella, who’s already in the mothering zone, refuses to listen to her hubby and enlists her frenemy Rosalie to help her keep the baby. In the end, the woman’s always right, of course. Edward falls in love with the baby eventually.
2. Keep your best friend at hand: This is still true even if you’re best friend is a tan and muscular werewolf. Bella keeps Jacob by her side during much of her pregnancy because he’s able to comfort her.
3. Cravings don’t discriminate: Even if you’re expecting a half-vampire baby, you’re not immune to those good old pregnancy cravings. For Bella, she doesn’t feel like eating much but really loves drinking blood. Wonder what type she prefers?
4. Delivery doesn't always go according to the birth plan: We’re not even sure if Bella had an exact birth plan, but we’re betting she didn’t foresee Edward biting her to get the baby out.
5. Choose baby's name carefully: Bella and Edward don’t seem to have any regrets about naming their daughter Renesmee. But I think it’s safe to say that most of us would have liked to see them go through the baby name book one more time before settling on the hybrid of their mothers’ names (Bella’s mom Renee and Edward’s vamp mom Esme).
Are you going to see Breaking Dawn this weekend? What scenes are you looking forward to?
Plus, more from The Bump:
More Baby and Pregnancy News Here
Worst Movies to Watch While Pregnant
Movie Review: I Don't Know How She Does It
See More: Celeb News , Labor and Delivery
recently added questions