Should Michelle Duggar Really Be Having a 20th Baby? Photo: TLC
This morning on the Today show, Michelle Duggar of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting announced she’s pregnant (at age 45!) with her 20th baby. And while here at The Bump we believe every mom should make her own decision about when -- and at what age -- she has kids (and how many she has!), we noticed that people are asking probing questions about the mom of 19’s latest pregnancy: What does 20 pregnancies do to someone’s body?! Has she gotten any sleep in the past two decades? How many diapers has this family put in landfills? (For the record: We don’t know -- maybe they use cloth!) And what the heck is this family’s story in general -- how did they make it all the way to 20? Here are a few of the most telling tidbits we could find:
The Duggars by the Numbers:
• Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar currently have 19 kids.
• At the moment, their 19 kids range in age from 1 to 23.
• There are 9 girls and 10 boys.
• Only one Duggar kid is married, and that’s Joshua James, who was born on March 3, 1988 (the eldest of the 19).
• Joshua James and his wife, Anna, have two kids (Jim Bob and Michelle’s only grandchildren at the moment).
• Jim Bob and Michelle have had 2 sets of twins -- they’re now 12 and 21 years old.
• Michelle has had 4 c-sections.
• Baby Duggar (which would be the couple’s 20th) is due in April 2012.
In the end, we wish the Duggars the best with number 20, but we’re tired just thinking about having that many babies.
What do you think -- should Michelle Duggar really be having a 20th baby?
Plus, more from The Bump:
Fun Ways to Announce Your Pregnancy
Best Celeb Baby Names of All Time
More of the Latest Pregnancy and Parenting News
See More: Celeb News
recently added questions